Tasty and mostly simple food for the whole family.

Tasty, healthy, simple, verstile, practical, seasonal, fun food for all to enjoy. I will endeavour to make things gluten-free, dairy-free (cow's milk only here, I'm not super-human), and low sugar as able. I hope others feel motivated to add their recipes to this collection so we can all try them. Thank you!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Oatmeal Apple Crisp (Wheat-free/Dairy-Free/adaptable)

Grandma Jeanne's Best Apple Crisp


This is a cheater post, since I put this recipe up two months ago.  I thought it wasn't a bad idea to re-post it with Thanksgiving is upon us and folks working out the menus and such.  Everytime my Mom makes this she gets recipe requests- and for good reason! 

GF note: I have never made it with gluten-free flour, but you certainly could if you know your flour mixes and xanthan gums.  I am still working my way around baking in the gluten-free world, so I't not ready to say how best to adapt it there.

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: