Crispy Granola Bars
- 2c reg oats
- 1/4c coarse flour- oat flour or almond flour work great
- 1/2c crispy (brown) rice cereal(whole foods has a good 365 brand for pretty cheap)
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4c nut butter of your delight (see note)
- 1/4c sweetie: I used 2T agave and 2T maple syrup
- semi-optional: 2-4T mini chocolate chips
- optional: 1-2T flax meal, 1T chia seeds or what ever you love to add (nuts, seeds, dried fruit....).
Directions: (Preheat oven to 350deg)
1. Mix dry stuff in one bowl
2. Mix wet stuff together in a separate bowl (as with the Breakfast Cookies, I just build it in a wet ingredient measuring cup)
3. Mix together and smash the heck out of them into a parchment lined pan (really smash them) and cook ~10-12 minutes depending upon if you want a chew or crunch factor.
4. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.