- 1C Flour (whole wheat, rye, spelt or GF flours as noted above)
- 1C Old fashion rolled oats
- 1tsp Baking soda
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3C firmly packed brown sugar (Or 2/3c if skipping agave)
- 3T Agave nectar
- 6T butter or non-dairy choice
- 1/2C Banana puree or mashed banana (about one banana is enough without making the flavor too dominant)
- 1/2 C Yam or Sweet potato puree/mash (can sub applesauce...)
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1lg egg (OK egg white only)
- 1/2 C raisins, currents or cranberries...
- 1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts if you play that game
1. In small bowl, thoroughly mix all dry ingredients except sugar together
2. Cream together butter and sugar in medium bowl til just mixed
3. Add the pureed veg/banana, egg, agave and vanilla to the butter mixture and combine, then add the dry ingredients and combine til just mixed.
4. Mix in your currents or raisins and nuts if using.
5. Scoop heaping tablespoon size dollops onto greased cookie sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet
6. Cook 12-15 minutes, then cool on sheet ~2 minutes before transferring to your tummy, I mean cooling rack.
|Smushed up banana and roasted yams here|
|I like currents the best for a non-dominating raisin option|
Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld.